The Media Leadership Program is recommended for media professionals with 10 or more years of management or entrepreneurial experience in the industry.
The 2018 Media Leadership Program participants are:
- Adrienne Allan, Associate Director, Strategic Solutions (CBC);
- Ann Shin, Producer/Director (Fathom Film Group);
- Bram Abramson, Open Web Fellow (Mozilla Foundation);
- Heidi Lasi, Producer/President (Pelee Entertainment);
- Jalpa Patel, Assistant Controller (DHX Media);
- Jay Bennett, SVP Creative and Innovation (Shaftesbury);
- Kelsey Aikman, Manager, Marketing and Communications (CBC);
- Kimberley Ball, Director, Media Relations and Sponsorship (Super Channel);
- Louise Jones, Director of Finance (Guru Studio);
- Randi Bulatovich, Director, Production Financing (Entertainment One Television);
- Rayne Zukerman, Lawyer/Producer (Indian Grove Productions);
- Renee Dupuis-Macht, Sr. Manager, Communications (CTV News, Bell Media Radio and Discovery Networks);
- Sonia Shields, Post-Production Supervisor (Breakthrough Entertainment Inc.);
- Stephanie Fast, Vice President, Production and Post Production (Frantic Films);
- Tanya Green, VP, Production (9 Story Media Group); and
- Theresa Kowall-Shipp, Producer/Writer/Director.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Media Leadership Program (MLP) is a proven and successful intensive 96-hour professional development program designed to advance the strategic leadership skills of experienced and ambitious professionals working in the Canadian screen-based industry. The program offers a unique immersive learning experience that combines business school teaching from Schulich MBA faculty with best practices from high-level industry executives. Schulich School of Business is consistently ranked as one of the top business schools in the world.
Full session outlines available below. The course includes individual assessments and team exercises.
Past industry professionals who have contributed to the MLP curriculum have included CEOs and top executives from CBC, Bell Media, Shaw Media, Corus, Blue Ant, National Film Board and major production companies.
The MLP is a biennial program. Participants from all sectors of the screen-based industry are encouraged to apply. Successful participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Schulich School of Business. Receipt of the certificate is determined by attendance and participation.
- Exclusive access to industry leaders and Schulich Faculty
- Certificate from Schulich School of Business, York University, upon completion
- 6 Friday/Saturday sessions to minimize out of office time
- Limited enrollment for smaller class size
- Participants from a cross-section of the industry
- Peer learning and networking
Please note: Faculty is subject to change.
BREAKING THE ICE – WORKING TOGETHER TO BECOME LEADERS | Friday, January 19
HOW TO PUT YOUR CAREER IN THE SPOTLIGHT | Friday, January 19
COMMUNICATIONS | Saturday, January 20 & Friday, February 23
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR | Saturday, February 24
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP & CRITICAL THINKING | Friday, March 23
LEADERSHIP & INNOVATION | Saturday, March 24
FINANCE & ACCOUNTING | Friday, April 20
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT FOR MEDIA COMPANIES | Saturday, April 21
MARKETING CONCEPTS & PRACTICES | Friday, May 11 & Saturday, May 12
INDUSTRY FORWARD DAY | Friday, May 25 & Saturday, May 26
Participants intending to complete the certificate must have no more than two absences in the entire program (Must complete 10 classes). Attendance will be taken at each class.
The Media Leadership Program is recommended for screen-based professionals with a minimum of ten years of management or entrepreneurial experience in the media industry, with a desire to develop their leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of accomplishments and demonstrated work progression. 10+ years of experience in the media industry is recommended.
Candidates must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant
- Screen-based professionals with a minimum of ten years management/entrepreneurial experience
- Successful candidates must be prepared to participate in ongoing evaluations and will be requested to provide a testimonial on completion of the program
Women, men, WIFT-T members, and non-members can apply, providing they meet overall eligibility.
WIFT-T Members: $3,500 (+ HST)
Non-Members: $4,700 (+ HST)
*Fee includes full program and lunches.
**Partial bursaries are offered for this program via the Foundation for WIFT-T.
For more information contact:
Head of Programming
416.322.3430 ext. 222
Program & Special Events Coordinator
416.322.3430 ext. 228