This Mentorship will take place Monday October 3 - Friday October 21, 2022.
Applicants must be available Monday - Friday for all three weeks.
Applications Open: Monday July 4, 2022
Deadline for Applications: Friday August 26, 2022.
2023 dates to be announced.
Ever wondered how talent agencies work? Want to find out more about artist representation and career development? Apply for our Meridian Artists Agency Mentorship!
- Comprehensive three-week mentorship with the Meridian Artists' Toronto office
- $1,000 honorarium
- On-stage recognition at the Crystal Awards Gala (November 2022)
You will be immersed in every department of the agency and be privy to how a select roster of the most talented writers, directors, actors, key creatives, and book authors are represented:
- See how film and television writers' and directors' careers are managed - whether they are emerging or senior talent - with Glenn Cockburn, Film and Television Agent and President of the Agency
- Learn more about client management and development, generating ideas, preparing pitches and selling shows for different genres with Kerry Ball, Film and Television Agent and Head of Department
- See how actors are auditioned and selected from behind the scenes with access to breakdowns, pitches and client coaching with Tovah Small
- Learn how Editors, DPs, Production Designers, and other crew positions are pitched and managed with Courtenay Bainbridge, Key Creative Agent
- Get a glimpse into the world of publishing with Amy Moore Benson, Book Agent
- Join the agency’s bullpen to see just how much work and support goes into managing the day to day needs of a client's submissions, meetings, payments, contracts and schedules
"As the inaugural recipient of the Meridian Artists Agency mentorship I was able to refine my skills as a producer by getting insight into the talent industry, and their role in negotiations, pitches, and film and TV development. Being a talent agent is such an important role in the industry and it's opened my eyes to the overlapping skills that both producers and talent agents have." ~ AVA TORRES, 2017 RECIPIENT
ELIGIBILITY & HOW TO APPLY
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant
- WIFT Toronto member in good standing (may join at time of application)
- Female professional with at least two years (but less than five years) of screen-based industry experience
- Able to participate in all mentorship activities
- Must be able to complete a final report within two weeks of mentorship completion
How to Apply
Complete the online application, then submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume/CV including education and professional work experience (max 2 pages)
- Professional bio (150 words max)
- Letter of Intent: a detailed outline of your objectives for participating in this mentorship and why this opportunity is important to you (max 2 pages)
- One letter of reference from an industry professional
Questions and documents can be directed to Director of Programming, Laurie Januska by emailing email@example.com