Ever wondered how talent agencies work? Want to find out more about artist representation and career development? Apply for our Meridian Artists Agency Mentorship!
- Comprehensive three-week mentorship with the Meridian Artists' Toronto office
- $1,000 honorarium
- On-stage recognition at the Crystal Awards Gala (November 2023)
You will be immersed in every department of the agency and be privy to how a select roster of the most talented writers, directors, actors, key creatives, and book authors are represented:
- See how film and television writers' and directors' careers are managed - whether they are emerging or senior talent - with Glenn Cockburn, Film and Television Agent and President of the Agency
- Learn more about client management and development, generating ideas, preparing pitches and selling shows for different genres with Kerry Ball, Film and Television Agent and Head of Development
- See how actors are auditioned and selected from behind the scenes with access to breakdowns, pitches and client coaching with Tovah Small and Michele Charlton
- Learn how Editors, DPs, Production Designers, and other crew positions are pitched and managed with Courtenay Bainbridge, Key Creative Agent
- Get a glimpse into the world of publishing with Amy Moore-Benson, Book Agent
- Join the agency’s bullpen to see just how much work and support goes into managing the day to day needs of a client's submissions, meetings, payments, contracts and schedules
"As the inaugural recipient of the Meridian Artists Agency mentorship I was able to refine my skills as a producer by getting insight into the talent industry, and their role in negotiations, pitches, and film and TV development. Being a talent agent is such an important role in the industry and it's opened my eyes to the overlapping skills that both producers and talent agents have." ~ AVA TORRES, 2017 RECIPIENT
This Mentorship will take place Monday October 16 - Friday November 3, 2023.
Applicants must be available Monday - Friday for all three weeks.
Applications Open: Tuesday August 22, 2023
Deadline for Applications: September 30, 2023.
ELIGIBILITY & HOW TO APPLY
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant
- WIFT Toronto member in good standing (may join at time of application)
- Female professional with at least two years (but less than five years) of screen-based industry experience
- Able to participate in all mentorship activities
- Must be able to complete a final report within two weeks of mentorship completion
How to Apply
Complete the online application, then submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume/CV including education and professional work experience (max 2 pages)
- Professional bio (150 words max)
- Letter of Intent: a detailed outline of your objectives for participating in this mentorship and why this opportunity is important to you (max 2 pages)
- One letter of reference from an industry professional
Questions and documents can be directed to Program Assistant, Jennifer Dufton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.