Job Description Summary
Women in Film & Television – Toronto has a summer student position available through Canada Summer Jobs, Service Canada, to assist with Special Event Coordination and Communications. Applicants must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution and intending to return to studies full-time in the fall and legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Assist the Director of Development with the coordination of a Silent Auction to be featured at the Reception@TIFF event in support of the Foundation for WIFT-T (including solicitation and pick up of donations, donor communications, generating display materials/bid sheets, maintaining a project management spreadsheet, etc.)
- Assist with other Reception@ TIFF event or program coordination as required
- Assist the Communications Manager with communication and marketing needs including:
- Draft, proof, and copyedit promotional materials, newsletter entries, media releases, etc.
- Assist with social media campaigns: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others
- Conduct promotional outreach (including on the phone) for programs and events
- Assist with website content management
- Other duties as required
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution and intending to return to studies full-time in the fall
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, take initiative and set priorities
- Strong technical proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator and Access). Proficiency in HTML language strongly desired
- Ability to take initiative and plan effectively
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Contract: 8 weeks, 30 hours/week
Start Date: July 6, 2015
End Date: August 28, 2015
This employment opportunity is suited for students currently studying: arts administration, hospitality/event management, communications, film studies, or journalism.
Application Submission Requirements
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references (in one document) to email@example.com Please specify “Communications & Special Events Assistant” in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Read more >