Anticipated start | January 12 , 2015
Closes | Thursday, November 27, 2014, 5 PM EST
Location | Toronto Reports to | Executive Director
Term | 1-Year Contract (Maternity Leave)
Hours | Full-time
Women in Film & Television – Toronto (WIFT-T) is a member-based organization of women and men working in screen-based media that supports the development and advancement of women in the industry.
The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director and will work in a fast-paced environment with the Executive Director, Marketing & Communications Committee, fellow staff, partnering organizations and stakeholders. The Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic communications plan that maximizes the organization’s reach and impact through public relations, publications, media relations, web-based and internal communications. The Communications Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all marketing and communications materials reflect and adhere to WIFT-T’s mandate, strategic priorities and brand.
The Communications Manager is responsible for all marketing and communication-related scheduling, processes and logistics including, but not limited to: developing critical paths, schedules and budgets; writing copy; proof reading and copy editing; speech writing; handling paid and in-kind advertising; website management; media liaison; producing bi-weekly and monthly digital newsletters; etc.
- Actively promotes WIFT-T to the public, screen-based industry and media, broadening its profile
- Writes and distributes media releases, liaises with media and tracks media coverage
- Maintains website and social media content
- Produces and distributes bi-weekly and monthly digital newsletters and stakeholder-focused dissemination mailings (via Mail Chimp or mail merge)
- Leverages internal and external social media to build profile and participate in industry dialogue
- Manages media presence at special events; works proactively and professionally with publicists, talent and media representatives
- Manages programming-related communication strategy and critical path with the Program Manager
- Works with the Program Manager in the production and distribution of programming materials including advertising, public relations and website copy
- Produces advertising budgets in collaboration with the Executive Director and Program Manager
- Collaborates with external graphic designer and Executive Director to produce marketing and communication materials including Annual Reports, onscreen event content, Crystal Award Gala publication
- Works with Development Manager to ensure partners’ brand and promotional objectives are met through WIFT-T communications
- Produces Communications and Marketing reports for funding reports
- Active member of the Marketing & Communications Committee and is the lead staff contact for the committee. Responsibilities include scheduling meetings, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes, preparing quarterly reports.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ direct experience in marketing and communications
- Bachelor degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or other related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven writing and editing skills, for a variety of communications mediums
- Proficient with Word Press, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience in professional use of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, MailChimp)
- Experience liaising with media (TV, print, radio, online) and managing media interviews
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and early mornings
- Ability to work cross-functionally and within a team environment with tight timelines
- Knowledge of and experience in the Canadian screen-based industry
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Experience managing red carpet logistics
Qualified candidates should email with “Communications Manager” in the subject line their cover letter (attention Heather Webb), CV, and three references (including email and phone contact details) as a single document attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WIFT-T is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more >