Who We Are
Founded in 1984, WIFT-T is a member-based organization of women and men working in screen-based media that supports the development and advancement of women in the industry.
Membership in WIFT-T enables women to be capable, confident, connected and successful in their careers in screen-based media.
- Women are strong, smart and committed industry leaders.
- Women connect, learn and advance through their participation in WIFT-T.
- Screen-based media in Canada are stronger when they have a committed, connected, and well-trained workforce. WIFT-T members get the job done.
- We respect leaders who, recognizing hard work and meaningful contributions, advance women’s careers.
- We promote women’s successes – especially our members’ successes.
- We accept members who have made a commitment to work in the industry.
- We welcome and value every member at WIFT-T. We welcome women of every race, ethnicity and ability and at every stage of work and life.
- We design our programmes and activities to meet the needs of women at every stage of their careers.
- Our member events are entertaining, engaging, purposeful and rewarding.
“I really appreciate WIFT-Toronto’s dedication as an industry advocate for equality, inclusion and access.” - Derek Luis, CEO & Executive Producer, MangoMedia Ent. Read more.