Thursday, September 27, 2012
October 31 – November 3, 2012 | Downtown Toronto
Open to both women and men, the Corus Convergent Media Program (CMP) is designed to enable independent producers who have interactive digital media or transmedia projects in development to prepare stronger CMF applications. Participants will master the integration of traditional media production with digital media and learn how to create and monetize rich and substantial transmedia properties.
The four-day incubator format is designed to move projects from development to production and includes a master class on accessing funding for digital media projects. You will be encouraged to tailor your project to meet the requirements for CMF funding.
Producers intending to apply to the following CMF deadlines are encouraged to register: Performance Envelope (Nov 27, 2012), Production Incentive (Nov 27, 2012), and Convergent Digital Media Initiative (Nov 27, 2012).
The registration fee is $500 (+ HST) per person. Registration is limited to 20 participants, both male and female. Five full-program bursaries are available to women who identify as: visible minority (see Bursary Eligibility below), Aboriginal, and/or living with a disability.
Benefits to Participant
- Incubator-style group sessions with individual project feedback
- First contact with CMF analysts
- Case studies on successful transmedia projects, including equipment planning, budget management and building integrated project teams
- Networking with financiers, distributors, lawyers, agents and other key business partners
When and Where
October 31 – November 3, 2012; full days - click here for daily schedule
Centre for Social Innovation, 215 Spadina Avenue (Queen/Spadina), Toronto
MaRS Discovery District, 101 College Street (College/University), Toronto
- Wednesday Oct 31: Interactive Project Management - CSI
- Thursday Nov 1: Business Model Canvas Workshop - MaRS DD
- Thursday Nov 1: Funding Digital Projects - CMF Master Class - MaRS DD
- Friday Nov 2: Technical Production - CSI
- Saturday Nov 3: Marketing and Digital Distribution - CSI
- Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant or Permanent Resident
- Independent producer (woman or man) with an interactive digital media or transmedia project currently in development
- At least two previous credits as a producer in film, TV or digital media
- Three years’ professional experience in the industry is encouraged (film, television and/or digital media)
- Successful candidates must be prepared to submit a Non-Disclosure Agreement, complete a final evaluation, and provide a testimonial on completion of the program
- Registration is encouraged from producers intending to apply to the following CMF deadlines: Performance Envelope (Nov 27, 2012), Production Incentive (Nov 27, 2012), and Convergent Digital Media Initiative (Nov 27, 2012)
- Individual must be female from an under-represented group
- For the purposes of this application, under-represented group is defined as: visible minority*, Aboriginal or a person with a disability
*visible minority is defined as: Black/African/Caribbean, South Asian, North/Central Asian, West Asian, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, and/or Latin American
- Individual must meet all general eligibility requirements
Registration Closed for 2012
Registration packages must include:
- Registration form
- Registration fee of $500 + HST (payable by cash, cheque or credit card)
- Letter of intent for participating in this program (no more than two pages)
- Resume / CV (no more than two pages), including web link to recent work
- One-page synopsis of interactive digital media or transmedia project currently in development, including simple budget for project
For more information, please contact Renee Robinson, WIFT-T Programming & Business Affairs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.