Wednesday, July 18, 2012
The Picture Box Television Distribution Mentorship provides one emerging Canadian female screen-based professional with a three-month internship to learn about the distribution, marketing and selling of Canadian programs internationally—from pitch of show to close of sale.
From February to April, 2013, the successful applicant will join Picture Box in preparing for and attending MIPTV, the premier international trade market in Cannes. She will work alongside Picture Box partners Kate Sanagan and Marilyn Kynaston, attend meetings with international broadcasters and producers, and learn about the acquisition process and content packaging for international markets.
We’re pleased to announce Crystal Van Pelt as the inaugural recipient of the Picture Box Television Distribution Mentorship! Crystal will be acknowledged at the 25th Anniversary Crystal Awards on December 4th at Arcadian Court in Toronto. She will join Picture Box as an intern in February, 2013. Read the media release or Crystal’s bio.
- Presentation at the WIFT-T Crystal Awards Gala Luncheon (Dec 2012)
- Three-month full-time internship at Picture Box (Feb-April, 2013)
- $1,000 stipend per month for three months (Feb, March and April 2013)
- Return airfare to MIPDoc/MIPTV (April 2013)
- Accommodation and per diem while at MIPDoc/MIPTV
- Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant or Permanent Resident
- WIFT-T member in good standing (may join at time of application)
- Emerging female screen-based professional with at least two, and less than five, years of experience
- Applicant MUST NOT operate a registered independent production company – the selected candidate will be required to sign a conflict of interest clause
- Must have access to own laptop with the ability to work remotely as needed
- Able to participate in all mentorship activities
- Able to travel internationally for MIPDoc/MIPTV in April 2013
- Able to complete an exit interview and final report within two weeks of internship completion
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications in media, broadcasting, journalism, communications, or business is considered an asset, but not required
Application Deadline | Monday August 27, 5PM EDT (Closed)
Applications must be submitted digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the completed two-page application form and all support material as outlined on page 1. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of WIFT-T staff, Picture Box staff and other industry representatives. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed and the recipient will be announced in October 2012.
Application Fee | A $25.00 + HST ($28.25) administration fee, paid by credit card or cheque, is required to process your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Mac users: if you experience difficulties downloading the Microsoft Word application form, please use the PDF version – print, complete, scan and email.
PLEASE NOTE: The application deadline has been extended. The forms and guidelines do not reflect the extended deadline.
For more information, please contact Renée Robinson, Programming & Business Affairs Manager, at email@example.com.