The WIFT-T Development Incubator is a national competitive program designed to kick start market-driven feature films and support the next generation of Canadian feature film professionals.
Up to six producer/writer teams receive the opportunity to work with Canadian and international producers, development executives and story editors on the development of feature-length projects. Teams are matched with a story editor appropriate to their projects, resulting in a revised draft completed within three months of the Incubator.
- Incubator-style group sessions on script, development, financing and marketing
- One-on-one consultations with creative and financial experts
- Case studies on Canadian and international development, co-productions and financing
- Networking with financiers, distributors, lawyers, agents and other key business partners
- Editing sessions with an experienced story editor to strengthen narrative and character arcs and develop a more marketable script (approx. three months of contact)
- Complimentary enrolment in WIFT-T writing workshops, including the Women Writers Workshop and the two-part Feature Film Writing Program
Janet Crystal Yorga Memorial Bursary
The Janet Crystal Yorga Memorial Bursary supports one producer/writer team residing currently in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba with at least one female team member (writer or producer). The bursary covers economy round-trip flights and the full program fee. Click here for complete guidelines and the application form.
The WIFT-T Development Incubator is a national competitive program adjudicated by an industry selection committee. All applicants are responsible for an administration fee of $28.25 upon submitting their application. Please refer to the Guidelines and Application Form (below) for complete details.
Application Deadline | Monday March 19, 5PM EDT
Completed application packages must be submitted digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday March 19, 5PM EDT. For the Janet Crystal Yorga Memorial Bursary guidelines and application form, click here.
For more information, contact Renee Robinson at email@example.com.