Monday, January 11, 2010
Application deadline | January 14, 2010
Reference no. | G-004
Location | CTV – 299 Queen St. West, Toronto
Salary | Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of work | 40 hours per week. Shift work/weekends and overtime as required.
Come join a dynamic news team that is leading the way in live news production! We’re looking for an experienced associate producer who thrives in a live environment!. This new team member will have several years of journalistic experience, is passionate about live television, is an outstanding writer, and knows the value of good story telling. Being a team player tops the list. If you are a motivated self starter, who thrives in a live television environment, we’d love to hear from you. Join our growing news team at CP24 and help build Toronto’s most watched news channel.
- Generating interesting and original story ideas from the business community
- Tracking down high-profile guests for on-air interviews
- Pre-interviewing guests and helping them prepare for a live interview
- Prepare interview research packages and questions for use by on-air hosts
- Designing and producing interview segments, including on-air graphics and banners, as well as overseeing the editing of video footage to help illustrate stories.
- Responsible for taking live segments to air.
- Responsible for writing and chase producing of breaking business news
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a broadcast journalism or commerce degree
- Strong knowledge and interest in business news
- Experience in a television news environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to generate story ideas, research subjects and write solid broadcast copy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks and assignments
- Familiarization with technical and setup requirements
- Excellent self-motivation, high energy and enthusiasm
- Strong computer skills, including detailed knowledge of iNews
- Thrive under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to originate coverage on developing stories including populist trends and features.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.ctv.ca, or forward a current resume, in confidence to:
CTV Television Inc.
P.O. Box 9, Station “O”
Toronto ON M4A 2M9
e-mail | email@example.com or fax | 416-384-6491
Please quote reference number: G – 004
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. CTVglobemedia is dedicated to equity in the workplace.